Dawn is a self taught First Nations Artist, born in Yellowknife, NT. She is a direct descendant of Chief Snuff of the Yellow Knifes, one of the signers of the original Treaty 8 with the Government of Canada.
She has devoted herself to painting full time. Her first gallery was opened in Yellowknife in 1999, where she welcomed visitors and collectors from across Canada and around the world who delighted in the vibrant colours and playful spirit of her work.
There have been many highlights in Dawn’s career. Here are a few that she is most proud of:
- Dawn had been commissioned to design the Corporate logo for Canadian North Airlines. This design graces the jet body and tail fins of their fleet of planes.
- In 2003 the Royal Canadian Mint chose one of her designs for the Festivals of Canada series fifty cent coin collection.
- Four of Dawn’s designs have been selected by the Unicef International Card program.
- Dawn was also chose as the first female Canadian Native Artist to design the poster for the International Standards Organization.
- The Vatican has chosen her art to be on one of their official Christmas greeting cards.
- The Coca Cola Company had commissioned Dawn to paint one of their six foot bottles that were displayed at various locations through out the grounds of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.
- The Canadian Consulate General has recently chosen Dawn’s work to be on their 2016 Christmas greeting card.